Saturday, November 29, 2014

Sd.Kfz 234s

Small little beauties I painted about a month ago, which I had totally taken close up pictures of.

These are one of my most favorite units in the war, and if anything, I believe we still see the influence of armored recon cars like these in modern armies, certainly in European armies. The modern German Fuchs armored car is basically a modernized 234/1.

Even the 234/4 with a 75mm has a modern impact - case in point the French armored cars in the modern army. The ERC-90 "Sagaie" with its 90mm gun, and the AMX-10RC with its 105mm main gun stand to prove that armored "cars" with large guns still play an important role. And if anything, combat performance of both the ERC-90 and the AMX-10RC in Africa has been stellar.



For the actual color scheme, I went with a different green and brown than what I have used normally in previous paint jobs for Flames of War. This time around, I went with more muted down colors. The "dunkelgelb" is basically Citadel Kommando Khaki washed down, and Doombull Brown as the brown/red and Deathworld Forest green. The green doesnt really show up much, but with the wash they clearly stand out, and it really fits a more "Late-1945" theme as opposed to my previous paint work.

The images above show one patrol, of which I have two. I love them to bits, and the 234/4 in Flames of War is certainly not something to underestimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment