Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Quick update on this week's progress

A little update on my work so far from my week-long holiday (until this Thursday 20/11) -
Finished one line infantry battalion. Finished one line Chasseurs-a-Cheval regiment. Second regiment is being undercoated as we speak - and I should be finished with it tomorrow evening I think.

So thats like what, 3 regiment/battalions (ie 12 bases) in a week? Quite productive I'd say! During my work schedule, I was fitting in maybe one infantry battalion (4 bases) per week! Though I do have to admit, I can't bring myself to do French infantry back to back. It's just too tedious and mind numbing in a way - so I'll be working on my last and final french infantry (legere) battalion this coming weekend, before switching to work on Austrians.

That said. . . . my magister militum order for French generals arrived! Woo! Though... I expected a little more variety in the French generals pack. It's a 12-model pack, but come in two poses of six each. They are I suppose meant to be division and corps-level generals so I'm okay with that. I ordered an Aide-de-Camps pack to spice things up and to give me brigade level generals for my armies and my upcoming ruleset (which I really need to work on, instead of painting....).

I think I'll be using spare cavalry and officer models as well as ADCs in various colorful uniforms. But I'll keep those for a rainy day when I don't feel like painting the same camo, oops, uniform color (too much Flames of War!) over and over. I noticed that having one-off general/hero models brings back the desire to paint when suffering from a mild burnout. Painting an entire battalion or platoon of tanks when suffering from a mild burn out just makes it worse - but painting a unit of two recon cars, or a single hero figure makes painting fun again.

Anyhow, pics of my progress! They haven't been based because that can wait. I just want to get painting done.

I really enjoy hand painting flags now. And painting the trumpeteer was just fun.

I was a bit apprehensive of going orange at first, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. You can really feel that effect of massed infantry too. I love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment