Wednesday, April 23, 2014

WIP - 10th Hussars

Well, decided to start on this new project of using the Perry Miniatures' British Hussars box set. I don't really play games anymore in 28mm - as I find it horribly tedious to have to paint (for example) 36 soldiers at display quality to represent a single battalion of 600 or so men. On the other hand, I do find the prospect of painting 36 10mm figures at a high standard and use that to game instead. I suppose it has to do with the idea and my general dislike of WH40K tank sitting 12 inchies from each other, "maneuvering" and doing "sweeping flanking attacks" by moving 4 inches to shoot each other to pieces.

I do rather prefer the scale of battle at 15mm... although it does feel like the Flames of War battlefield is still too small.

So, my project involving these 28mm Hussars is not to paint them up or use them as game pieces, but to paint each trooper in different regimental colors, so that each trooper represents a different Hussar regiment. I find that oddly appealing, but also makes for an interesting display piece!

So, this is Day 1, with 4 hours worth of work put in so far:


1 comment:

  1. 28mm sure as hell looks good though! Have you finished this guy yet?

    ReplyDelete