Saturday, April 12, 2014

And here we are for more!

Huzzah! New blog - and this time partnering up with an old friend of mine. Long are the days of blog posting with poorly taken blurry photos of olde.... or so I hope. My current phone/camera seems to do quite fine.

We actually decided to start up this blog as a means to exchange ideas, and keep both of us up to date with our projects. Seeing as we live practically on the other side of the planet, talking to him is damn near impossible : /

I should mention there be some friendly rivalry going on too. Damn you Ed for making me jealous with your Space Wolves back in the day!

For those thare are familiar with my work, sorry, there'll be some old stuff showing up again, but this time from different angles and new images. In its own selfish way, its for me to keep myself interested in the hobby without burning myself out.

I think "Painter's Depression" is a very real thing to many miniature painters, and once you're in that phase and you get used to *not* painting, motivating to get back into the hobby is quite difficult. I've noticed this especially when I paint too much of the same things for too long, or I start painting 6mm for too long.



Panzer IV J
So cute!
Panzer IV J roaming a freshly unboxed forest

My recently painted Panzer IV J platoon from Battlefront for the Flames of War ruleset was just a pure joy. Aside from the basecoating of the dunkelgelb. That's never fun, but the model as a whole was amazing. Perfect cast, none of the old metal track's flash and bad casting that would make the model lopsided. The plastic sprues that are now included in the Panzer IV J box really raises the bar for 15mm wargaming models. Hell, I almost feel like this is more like a model, rather than a wargame miniature.

1 comment: