Sunday, September 14, 2014

Banzai!

Wow, it has been a busy few weeks for me starting a new job and moving countries! I have been making steady progress on the hobby front however and one of the nice things about the move is that I now have space at home for a proper painting set-up rather than using the dinner table. I'll take you through my set up some other time, first a little project update.

I have spent the last few evenings putting stuff together ready to be undercoated. Below are the first of the Imperial Japanese force for my Burma game.

 Lieutenant and Bugler 

 Infantry Section

The models are from Warlord Games and look great. There are a limited number of leg/body poses, (I think there are six in total) which is a little annoying as a little bit of work is required to avoid similar poses especially as several of the poses are very dynamic (for example full tilt on the charge). However I am happy so far and am particularly impressed with the flag sheet included with the box. 

 These will look awesome on the finished models.

Unfortunately I have had to put the Chindits on hold as have run out of super glue! I can now pick some up from a hobby shop here which is great. They even play a lot of 40k which gives me some incentive to get my Vostroyans ready for the table. I have been working on some allies for them which I am very excited about but more on that next blog.

Finally, I'll leave you with my French artillery battery ready for painting. They will form some much needed support for my bridge builders in my Napoleonic game. Paint jobs to follow soon.

 Models by Perry Miniatures



No comments:

Post a Comment